YOUTH VIDEO AWARDS
WHO CAN JOIN?
– Creative story-tellers who must be Filipino and between 15 to 25 years old
– May be students, out-of- school youth, or amateur filmmakers
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
1st Prize – P50,000
2nd Prize – P25,000
3rd Prize – P15,000
Two (2) Consolation Prizes – P5,000 each
1. Entry should feature any of the following organizations: CODE-NGO (www.code-ngo.org), its 12 member networks (MNs), or the member base organizations (MBOs) of the 12 MNs.
CODE-NGO has the following member networks:
a. Association of Foundations (AF)
b. Central Visayas Network of NGOs (CENVISNET)
c. Coalition for Bicol Development NGOs (CBD)
d. Cordillera Network of NGOs and POs (CORDNet)
e. Eastern Visayas Network of NGOs (EVNet)
f. Mindanao Coalition of Development NGO Networks (MINCODE)
g. National Confederation of Cooperatives (NATCCO)
h. National Council of Social Development (NCSD)
i. Partnership of Philippine Support Service Agencies (PHILSSA)
j. Philippine Business for Social Progress (PBSP)
k. Philippine Partnership for the Development of Human Resources in Rural Areas (PhilDHRRA)
l. Western Visayas Network of NGOs (WEVNET)
The contact details of all the CODE-NGO MNs and many of their MBOs are found in the Association of Foundations CSO database through this link: http://afonline.org/cso-data/. Please make sure that the organization featured is either CODE-NGO itself or one of its MNs or MBOs; if it is not, this will automatically invalidate an entry. If the organization is not listed in the CSO database, please contact any of the 12 MNs directly to confirm its membership.
2. Entry should focus on the featured organization’s history, programs, projects and activities, timeline highlights, or any of its specific advocacies (e.g., human rights, climate change, disaster risk reduction, good governance, social enterprises, etc.).
3. The video should be in any of the following formats: AVI, MP4, MOV with 720-1080p resolution.
4. The video should not be less than 3 minutes and no more than 5 minutes.
5. Entry must be an original work of the participant and has not been published in any medium or submitted in any other contest.
6. Copyright laws must be observed. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
1.There is no participation fee.
2. A participant may submit at most 2 entries, but these should be submitted separately.
3. The participant should have an understanding or agreement with the featured organization before the actual production of the video.
4. Each video submission should have one lead person. While several individuals may work together (all amateur and within the required age range), it must be submitted under only one name – that of the lead person. In case of winning, the prize shall be awarded to the lead person.
5. Entries may be emailed to email@example.com but a CD or USB copy should be received by 5:00 pm, November 7, 2016 by the Association of Foundations (AF), Room 1102, 11F Aurora Tower, Aurora Boulevard, Cubao, Quezon City, telephone number (02) 911-9792 or 913-7231. Queries may be addressed to Joey Alegre. The packet should contain the following details: title of video, MN or MBO featured and the full name of its representative, full name of the lead person, copy of ID card, age, school or affiliation (if any), contact details and complete address. Late submission will not be accepted. Once submitted, the video will be owned by CODE-NGO and by the featured organization.
6. Entries will be subjected to the following criteria: Content (25%), Creativity (25%), Audio- Visual Quality (35%), “Likes” (15%).
7. The videos will be uploaded in the CODE-NGO Facebook page and YouTube channel. “Likes” will be counted from the time it is uploaded on November 10 to November 17, 2016, at exactly 5:00 pm Philippine Standard Time.
8. The judges’ decision is final.
9. Submission will mean acceptance and adherence to the aforementioned rules and conditions.
10. This activity is organized solely by CODE-NGO.
11. Winners will be announced during the CODE-NGO Social Development Celebration (SocDev) 2016 on November 23-25, 2016.